|T A N K S
|C A R R I E R S
|G U N S
|A R M O U R E D C A R S
My wife's and my military tourism holiday to England and Europe: June/July 1999, D-Day to Beltring.
Last time I was in Europe was for the 1994 anniversary; so, as the chance was there to use some long service leave and combine D-Day and Beltring, with a few side trips, off we went.
Along the way we met up with (in real life rather than via email) some of the people I have corresponded with for a few years via email, it made a very real difference to our holiday to have friends who know the area and can show you around and are interested in military vehicles to boot.
The photo's and narration are in cronological order and follow the pattern of our holiday. It was not just limited to tanks, but to anything we found interesting including bunkers, U-Boats, the Berlin Wall and whatever else. You only get to see that part of our holiday that has a military aspect.
- France - Calais to Normandy - Part 1
- France - In Normandy - Part 2
- France - Normandy, the event - Part 3
- Germany - Into Germany - Part 1
- Germany - Berlin and the East then Colditz - Part 2
- England - Around the South East - Part 1
- England - Beltring: The War and Peace Show - Part 2
BACK TO INDEX